Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, August 18, 2008

I seem to go through phases in my blogging. So many "blogworthy" things have happened, but I just have not seemed to find the time to get to the computer. It is probably because I have been watching so much of the Olympics. I have not stayed up this late probably since I was in college. I do love The Olympics, but I will be glad when they are over and I can get back to going to bed as early as 9:30 if it is a good night!

So, lets play make up. Instead of several posts, I am just going to do one long one.

Miller putting on the moves.
Knox and Ann Tatum came over to play. The last time we all played together Miller could not sit up. Now, Miller can definitely hold his own. Carey and I were trying to get lunch together and when we came back into the room, we saw this. Miller definitely had is arm around Ann Tatum while she was playing the piano!

Oh no, don't leave

I've got my eye on you;)

Does He Look Sick to You?
If you remember my previous post, Miller got two teeth in two days and in turn got a cold. With the last cold Miller got, I was a little paranoid because it was the first cold he had gotten since he was in the hospital for two weeks with RSV at 5 days old. He made it through his last cold like a champ and recovered in no time! So, I was not too worried with this cold, I just made sure to do everything I was supposed to do to help his get better as quickly as possible. I suction his nose as much as I can (so much so that he now cries when we go in his room). I started giving him the yellow Triaminic on Tuesday (this is what the pediatrician always told us to give Ella when she had a cold as a baby). And of course he always slept with the humidifier. Well, Saturday Miller was acting like he was feeling better but he sounded like Darth Vader when he breathed and had a terrible cough. I called the nurse and told her all about Miller's history and told her everything we were doing and her first response was, "oh no, definitely stop the Triaminic. We do not recommend giving anything over-the-counter to children under two anymore!" My how medicine changes so quickly! She asked if Miller was retracting (ribs pulling in when he breathed) and they were. She then told me that we had to take him immediately to the hospital, not the walk-in after hours children's, but downtown Children's Hospital. At that point I lost it. I probably cried 10 times before we got to the hospital. I knew he was going to be fine and that most like he was not going to be admitted again, and even if he was he was going to be fine, but I was sooooo emotional! Murray was very understanding and very sweet to me! Thank you Murray! I was still pretty emotional waiting to be called back. They took us back to triage and pulled out the oxygen machine. Anyone who came to visit us in the hospital or has had an infant in the hospital knows how awful this machine is. Anytime the oxygen level "reads" below 90 it beeps very very loud! I say reads, bc the reading does not necessarily mean that is the true oxygen level. Anytime Miller rolled over, the cord got twisted, he kicked his leg, this machine would go off. This happened all day and all night. Most of the time it was a false alarm, but it was also an indicator that his oxygen level needed to be turned up which meant longer in the hospital. So, with that machine came lots and lots of memories and emotions. They hooked Miller up to the machine and his oxygen level was at 96 (this is very good). So with that, all the weight was lifted. Miller had to get a breathing treatment - no fun at all! And then they sent us home with an inhaler. Before we left I wanted to make sure I was going all the right things since I had already been reprimanded for the medicine so I asked about the humidifier. I got another "oh no, don't use that!" It was "the opinion" of the Respitory Care Specialist that all humidifiers do is spread bacteria. So I was feeling like a horrible mom times two! But I reminded myself that Ella made it through all that so Miller will not be damaged permanately from my mistakes. Hopefully the trip to the hospital will not leave too much of a scar.

I took these pictures the morning after we were in the hospital

I will never be able to say enough Thank Yous to Callen and Claire. They just arrived from Nashville 5 minutes before I talked to the nurse and stayed with Ella while Murray and I took Miller to Children's. Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Sweet Cathleen
Sunday afternoon we had a baby shower for Baby Girl Crunk. It was so fun to shower Cathleen with lots and lots of pink and see friends I do not get to see very often.


  1. oh kim! i'm so sorry that you had to go through that again! breathing treatments are no fun at all...i'm glad that everything was ok and you didn't have to stay in the hospital!

    i can't believe how big miller is! he's one cute little buddy.

  2. Kim! How was gymnastics?? I can't wait to hear all about it! I had the best time with y'all (especially chatting with Ella!) Miss you!

  3. Yes, please continue on to Carey's blog after you've read all that Kim has been through. Then, Carey and Andrew leave Ann Tatum with her. Most people were offering meals, while I, the needy friend offered a child for 24hours. Yes, KimBaughLee is a true Saint and the dearest friend!! THANK YOU!!